Mini-Ductor Venom at Automechanika 2016
Though we’re battling a bit of jetlag, we had another great show at Automechanika 2016 in Frankfurt. Here’s a recap of the show with a few updates on the future of both the Mini-Ductor® Venom™ and the Pro-Max® Series of induction heating equipment.
Our new Mini-Ductor Venom portable induction heater was shown in the booths of our new partner Gys (France) and by our long-standing partners Sykes Pickavant (UK), Cebotech (Germany) and Snap-On (US, Canada, Europe).
Visitors to our partner booths were particularly impressed with the many new features of Venom:
- Two Year Limited Warranty: includes parts and labor
- Coil Twist Lock™: coils now lock down with one simple turn (no more thumb screws) and Venom works with all Mini-Ductor coils
- Angled Design with Trigger: Venom’s lightweight, ergonomic design allows for induction heat to access hard to reach places more easily
- LED Usage Indicator: a red LED will light under fault conditions and green LED lights while the trigger is active and the tool is heating properly
- Fault Override Delay: any event that causes the red LED to illuminate will protect the tool by starting a three second lock out
- Fan Operation Enhancements: the fan continues to run after the trigger is released to aid in thermal cycle time reduction, and will stay powered when the thermal switch opens to aid in cooling the tool
- User Controlled LED Switch: as long as the tool is powered and the internal power supply is operating, the LED will remain lit when the switch is on
The 230V Venom model will be available throughout Europe later this quarter.
Our Pro-Max Series also received a lot of attention and we’ve seen an increase in sales recently with companies selling welding equipment and lifts who need more than the 1,000 watts of induction heating that the Mini-Ductor Venom offers. We talked with may people whose feedback has been incorporated into our new product development plans. We don’t have anything to announce now, but check back soon…